Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Unit identification from attached photograph 9 years 1 month ago #25414

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 714
Frank

I suspect that only venerated people such as JZ are allowed to wear sakabula feathers, leopard skins, rhino horns etc, so, unless I get financial aid from Lord Ashcroft, my quest on your behalf will be fruitless.

Regards
Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Unit identification from attached photograph 9 years 1 month ago #25416

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Well, Lord Ashcroft is certainly in a position to give financial aid rather more than most people I would suggest!
I'm actually rather surprised that Meurig has now revealed himself as a Twitcher on this forum! :ohmy:

Unit identification from attached photograph 9 years 1 month ago #25418

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 448

Frank Kelley wrote: Well, Lord Ashcroft is certainly in a position to give financial aid rather more than most people I would suggest!
I'm actually rather surprised that Meurig has now revealed himself as a Twitcher on this forum! :ohmy:

Sorry Frank - "twitching" - the pursuit of rare birds at unearthly times of the day over vast distances is not my bag. A medal on the other hand...
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

Unit identification from attached photograph 9 years 1 month ago #25419

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1527
Brett and Frank
Long ago, I just succumbed to simply not grasping just how all this electronic stuff worked. With a check list I can do certain things - but do not stray. Wilkins is a great help. He and I shoot in the oldest Rifle Club in OZ; founded 1842. He shoots F Class with a huge, rested Match job and a trumpet sized 'scope. Your humble interlocutor uses "iron"sights on a big Target Rifle shot off the elbows between 300 and 800m. Results are not as good as in the past! For a bit of a change, out comes my old .303" No.4 for a few rapids and snaps. Have not shot game for years, nor has Wilkins. Both of us would certainly do so if needed.
Happy days
IL.

Unit identification from attached photograph 9 years 1 month ago #25436

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
I think I was clearly deceived by your use of both "displaying" and "ornithological tick" :)
Thank you for your clarification and pm by the way!

SWB wrote: On my trip to SA in October for the Talana conference there was a male Long-tailed Widow Bird that I saw displaying regularly on my "commute" from the guest house to Talana Museum - an ABW and an ornithological tick for me.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds