Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tribute medal - Southall Middx - Information gratefully received! 2 years 8 months ago #78055

• Dave F
  • Thank you received: 1175
Hi Phil
A snap shot of your G Grandfather's service. You probably already know all of this as I have just realised this post is well over 1 year old :silly:

Frederick Orme
Born 1872 Aston Birmingham
1st Battalion Coldstream Guards
Regimental number 8154 Joined the colours on the 14th August 1890. Aged 18 years 10 months. Profession, Labourer.
5 foot 8 and a half inches tall, brown hair, blue eyes, fresh complexion.  Religious denomination Wesleyan. Served 12 years in the Guards.
208 days in South Africa. Queens South Africa medal with 3 clasps
Belmont, Modder River and Orange Free State. He was discharged on the 11th of August 1902. He joined the Army reserve on the 29th of September 1902 until he was discharged on the 28th September 1906. He then rejoined the Coldstream Guards during WW1 served 4 years and 67 days. 43 days with the Expeditionary Force from 1st November 1914 until 13th February 1914. He was awarded the Victory, BW medal and 1914 Star. He was transferred to Army reserve class W and left the army on the 14th of December 1918.
He resided at number 38 Hartington Road Southall. He was married to Sylvia Alice Elizabeth (Nee Howe) and his  attestation paper states there were 4 children.
Winifred
Leonard
Violet
Fredrick Sydney
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Best regards,
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Tribute medal - Southall Middx - Information gratefully received! 2 years 3 months ago #80400

• phil jarvis
  • phil jarvis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks Dave, just checked back and saw your post. I didnt have this info, so very grateful for you taking the trouble to find it out and post!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave F

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds