TOPIC:

Thomas Worsley Fearick 10 years 9 months ago #12488

• webthotics
  • webthotics's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Guys,
I am looking for any information on Thomas Worsley Fearick, Regt No 1509, 7th Hussars, Any other corp served in South Africa, Regt 4074. He is a relative in the family tree i am constructing, he worked on a farm in Golborne, Lancashire, where his sister who married a Peirpoint,[her maiden name was Fearick and her mothers maiden name was Worsley] the farmers son, and according to an elderly relative of mine he was a fine horseman and he joined the Lancashire Yeomanry.
There i lose any further information about him until i have discover a record of him serving in South Africa. In 1923 his sisters son Benjamin Peirpoint emigrated to South Africa, where i assume he would have gone there to see his Uncle Thomas Worsley Fearick. Benjamin stayed out in South Africa and i believe worked on the railways.
According to the record i have of Thomas is titled "Roll of individuals entitled to the Kings South Africa Medal and clasp under the Army order no 232" this was dated 3rd October 1903. If anyone can let me know where he fought and what he received his medal/bar for or any further information i would very grateful, below is an attachment.
Cheers,
Mark Webb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Thomas Worsley Fearick 10 years 9 months ago #12491

• Nick
  • Thank you received: 3
Welcome aboard.

Have a look at this part of the website: www.angloboerwar.com/unit-information/im...h-queens-own-hussars

Put "Fearick in the search box and he comes up. It might also explain why he dropped off the radar since he seems to have been going by T. Worsley instead.

You can download a free copy of the 7th Hussars' Queen's South Africa Medal roll from the National Archives here: discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/SearchUI/details?Uri=C3763879

FindMyPast.co.uk also has a service record for a Thomas Worsley in the 7th Hussars born 1873 in Wigan, Lancashire.

Good hunting,
Nick
Collecting and researching medals and men of
65th (Leicestershire) Company, 17th Battalion Imperial Yeomanry
Particularly those of the first contingent that served in Rhodesia

Thomas Worsley Fearick 3 months 3 weeks ago #93473

• fearickm
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-C919-Q3Q5-T?view=index

I found this record of a Thomas Worsley Fearick while researching him as well. His name was not spelled correctly on the records. I assume he is a son of Martin Fearick.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.397 seconds