Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Maurice Bazely White, 1st Battalion The Rifle Brigade 11 years 3 months ago #7802

• khartoum98
  • khartoum98's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
At the recent Bonham's auction in London, I was able to purchase the sword of MB WHITE, 1st RB. Please see link:

www.bonhams.com/auctions/19854/lot/86/

He was gazetted on the 24th November 1899 and was wounded twice during the course of the war and received eight bars to his SA medal.

He later was placed on HP on the accounts of his wounds and became an invalid in a wheelchair. However he came back in 1914 and later was placed at the Rifle Depot and posted in 5th RB. He died in 1925 at age 45.

Could anyone kindly post an officers' group of the 1st Battalion while they were in SA from 1899-1902 please? I asked RHQ RGJ for such a photo of White, either singly or in a group but was not able to help, so I am asking if please any member here could oblige me please.

MB White was mentioned twice in despatches by Buller and Robert in 1900 and 01.

Thank you in advance!

Khartoum98

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Maurice Bazely White, 1st Battalion The Rifle Brigade 11 years 3 months ago #7991

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4541
I like your username Khartoum98! Sure it's a little too far north in the continent, but ...

There must be some such pictures. I will look and see if I have any I can find for you.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Re: Maurice Bazely White, 1st Battalion The Rifle Brigade 11 years 3 months ago #8001

• khartoum98
  • khartoum98's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear David,

Thank you very much for your proposed help and on my name. I suppose its approapiate though wrong war because I am Sudanese! ;)

I look forward to hearing from you and I wish to thank you again in advance for your interest.

Yours

K98

PS By great coincidence I was able to purchase the sword of White's CO today. He was Colonel Charles Norcott whose father and grandfather commanded the RB and the old 95th in the Crimea and Waterloo. What an extraodinary family and set I have now. :woohoo:

Here is the link to the sword:

www.antique-swords.eu/D25-1827P-Rifle-Br...H-B-Norcott-CMG.html

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.422 seconds