• Page:

TOPIC:

Research on atrocities of the camps 12 years 11 months ago #439

• elmaross
  • elmaross's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there! I hold a doctorate in psychology, and I am doing research on the atrocities of the Anglo Boer War concentration camps, with special focus on the suffering of the children.
My first book is on AMAZON: BRITISH TERRORISM AGAINST BOER CIVILIANS: how Britian desroyed the Boer Republics by starving civilians in concentration camps.
I am also interested in the psyche of a soldier that would, upon realising that the 450,000 British troops could not win against 20,000 Boer soldiers of an entire population of 150,000 people, turn his fighting skills on defenseless women, children, the sick, disabled and elderly.

My "avatar" is also on my book.
This is only the first one. There are more to come. Maybe on the ways in which the Hauge convention was broken, too.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Research on atrocities of the camps 12 years 11 months ago #443

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4508
Elmaross,

Thank you for your interest in the site. I am willing for you to explore and develop this topic to a certain extent. However your last post in the Medals section was not acceptable and has been deleted. You are right to highlight the plight of the children whose suffering in any conflict is unacceptable but in addition to making your point, I would also hope that you would show a degree of balance. Neither side in a war emerges with a clean record. What about the Boer (and British) use of dum-dum bullets, Boer treatment of Blacks, the shooting of prisoners by both sides etc?

Also, please don't try to use the forum to publicise your book. One message to let people know it is available is acceptable but its mention in every post is not.

Regards
David
Dr David Biggins

Re: Research on atrocities of the camps 12 years 11 months ago #444

• elmaross
  • elmaross's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi there

I am as polite as anyone can be upon reading how children were terrorised.

thank you for your reply. The main reason for mentioning my book, is to alert people to the truth.

I am a psychologist. I am interested in the kind of people that would award medals to soldiers that starved children. You cannot deny that this is a bit quirky.

I am also interested in the psyche of people that would award medals to anyone in a defense force that would break the Hague convention. That is also a bit quirky.

Yes, the Boers did use some tacktics, but if it were not for the threat of the British, the war would never have started. Remember, it is 450,000 British troops against 20,000 Boers. And they could not win against the 20,000. That should tell you everything about their "bravery".

You can kick me off the site but the truth is out there. I am perhaps too truthful... too close to the real happenings. You see, my grandparents were in the camps, as children.

Sincerely yours
elma

Re: Research on atrocities of the camps 12 years 11 months ago #447

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4508
Elma,

Given your actions after my last post, I have banned your account so that you will not be able to post anything on the site again.

It is not a case of hiding from the truth of what happened in the Boer War but a result of the way you went about promoting both your views and your book. I will leave this post up but all the others have been removed from the site.

David
Dr David Biggins

Re: Research on atrocities of the camps 12 years 11 months ago #448

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Thank you, David.

Regards
Brett

Re: Research on atrocities of the camps 12 years 11 months ago #449

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879
All I can say is Thank You David as well.....

I tried several times to write a reply but had to delete them.....

Best Wishes
Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.979 seconds