Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Seeking Information on Great-Grandfather - Volschenk Family 3 months 1 week ago #93595

• Kgrace
  • Kgrace's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Good morning everyone,

I am currently in the process of researching my great-grandfather, and I'm reaching out to seek assistance as I have limited information about him. His surname is Volschenk, and he was associated with the Ceylon Camp. He resided in the Krugersdorp area, and the closest matching details in the records lead to a Jan Johannes Volschenk PN: 108.

My main objective is to uncover his first name, particularly because he married a Sri Lankan lady and brought her back to South Africa. Unfortunately, my father possesses minimal knowledge about his grandfather and grandmother, as they maintained a very secretive life, compelled by the fact that their marriage was considered illegal.

I am keen to understand how we can access details of prisoners who married in Sri Lanka and subsequently returned to South Africa. Any guidance or support in piecing together this family history puzzle would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Seeking Information on Great-Grandfather - Volschenk Family 3 months 1 week ago #93642

• Elmarie
  • Thank you received: 950
Good morning

Please send me an email with your details to [email protected] so I can send you a list of all the VOLSCHENK prisoners of war names. There was at least 6 of them from the Krugersdorp area.
Elmarie Malherbe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kgrace

Seeking Information on Great-Grandfather - Volschenk Family 3 months 1 week ago #93666

• Kgrace
  • Kgrace's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you - I have sent you an email from [email protected]

I look forward to reading the information you have

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.318 seconds