Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

C.F. Beyers - stolen diary 3 months 3 weeks ago #93467

• EFV
  • EFV's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 344
In 2016 I bought from a well-known BoB seller (Pierre Henry) a large collection of interesting Boer War documents. Among the items was a type-written diary of General Christian Frederick Beyers (in Afrikaans) covering the period 1/1/1899 to June 24, 1900, a lithograph stuck on wood “Ter dood Veroordeel” and about 80 or 90 permits, letters, newspaper cuttings and other documents. All-in-all a collection of historical interest (see attached photographs, there are a few more). The box containing these items disappeared en-route to Europe, either from the warehouse of the courier company in South Africa (Courier Guy) or from its correspondent company in France. Both the seller and the courier company have done their utmost trying to retrace the package, but unfortunately without result. It always bothered me that the collection is possibly lost forever and the reason for this post (on the off-chance that the value of the items was recognized) is to find out whether the diary or documents have re-entered the collection circuit over the past years. For clarity, I have been fully reimbursed for the purchase and will not claim ownership to any of the items of that collection that may resurface. Any information is welcome and will be dealt with in the strictest confidence. If desired, please use the private message service provided by this website.
Everhard Vissers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elmarie, Rory

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.877 seconds