Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Next of Kin Information for soldiers serving in the Anglo Boer War 11 months 6 days ago #89599

• fseville
  • fseville's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
I have been unable to find next of kin information for my grandfather - George C Waldron - who was a trooper in the War. I would expect this information to be held but I have been unable to locate it. I wondered if anyone had any suggestions.

Thank you in hope and anticipation.

Frank Seville

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Next of Kin Information for soldiers serving in the Anglo Boer War 11 months 6 days ago #89600

• LinneyI
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1527
Frank
Perhaps you might try accessing his enlistment papers if they still exist. You don't say if your GF was an Cavalry trooper or an Imperial Yeoman or a Colonial - so you should define your basic search area first. As a matter of interest, my IY CD shows a Tpr. G. Waldron as serving in the 76th Coy.of the Imperial Yeomanry. May be him.
Regards
IL. .

Next of Kin Information for soldiers serving in the Anglo Boer War 11 months 6 days ago #89603

• gavmedals
  • Thank you received: 55
Frank, this request is similar to one you sent out about 2,5 years ago now, with a number of suggestions and responses sent through at the time. Is this the same request or are you looking for more info?
Regards

Gavin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rory

Next of Kin Information for soldiers serving in the Anglo Boer War 11 months 6 days ago #89611

• fseville
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply. The next of kin information was missing from my grandfather's papers. It seemed inconceivable to me that something as important as that might be missing and I was hoping that there might be another way of finding his next of kin. Perhaps a forlorn hope !

Next of Kin Information for soldiers serving in the Anglo Boer War 11 months 6 days ago #89612

• fseville
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to reply to me. I'm afraid the next of kin information was missing from his enlistment papers but it seemed inconceivable to me that this critical information might not be held somewhere. And yes, your CD is correct my grandfather served in the Imperial Yeomanry. Actually it was the 74th (not 76th) Dublin Company.

Best wishes

Frank Seville

Next of Kin Information for soldiers serving in the Anglo Boer War 11 months 6 days ago #89615

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2120
Frank - is this perhaps your Grandad from the 1911 Irish census?

Only 4 George Waldron's in Ireland then.

Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.271 seconds