Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

NEW SOUTH WALES ARMY MEDICAL CORPS 2ND CONTINGENT ATTESTATION PAPERS 1 year 6 months ago #86383

• Moranthorse1
  • Moranthorse1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 783
I am currently researching a man from the above mentioned unit and would be extremely grateful if any of our forummers with knowledge of the Australian arms could please let me know if attestation papers exist and are available.
From my efforts so far, the unit has been very interesting to discover, and there will definitely be a story to tell in the near future!
In anticipation.
Cheers Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NEW SOUTH WALES ARMY MEDICAL CORPS 2ND CONTINGENT ATTESTATION PAPERS 1 year 6 months ago #86385

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1542
Steve
The question of Colonial Australian attestation/enlistment papers still existing has been asked on this forum several times. To the best of my knowledge, they don't - or if they do, they are tucked away somewhere in the mass of paperwork taken over by the Commonwealth after the Colonies of Australia federated in 1901. Many researchers much smarter than yours truly have tried for that Holy Grail and no luck so far. All is not entirely lost as researchers have Murray's Australian Contingents and a search on Oz-boer can be fruitful. There is always Trove for period newspapers.
Good luck with your research.
Regards
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moranthorse1

NEW SOUTH WALES ARMY MEDICAL CORPS 2ND CONTINGENT ATTESTATION PAPERS 1 year 6 months ago #86387

• Moranthorse1
  • Moranthorse1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 783
IL,
Trove and Oz-Boer have both proved very fruitful!
Indebted.
Thanks Steve

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.270 seconds