TOPIC:

NSW War Memorial Registry 2 years 1 week ago #82756

• interested researcher
  • interested researcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello,
I have spent a great deal of time photographing regional war memorials, and have sent many photos to the NSW War Memorials Register.
(This is a NSW site administered by the NSW State Library and the RSL, that tries to display NSW war memorials.
Photos are sent in by schools, individuals, organisations etc.)

I have contributed numerous photos of regional war memorials, and if you search the registry site you will find other Boer War memorial photos, such as from Braidwood NSW and Goulburn NSW to name a few examples.

A few photos of some Bungendore NSW Boer War related war memorials photos follow:

(If people acknowledge both the NSW War Memorials Register and the specific photographer, on any copied register photos, these register photos can then be copied.)

An interested researcher.

www.warmemorialsregister.nsw.gov.au/cont...roll-honour-boer-war
(Original Bungendore Boer War Memorial. This is located in the Bungendore War Memorial Hall)

www.warmemorialsregister.nsw.gov.au/cont...der-douglas-campbell
(Photo of Memorial plaque for Alexander Douglas Campbell from St. Philip’s Anglican Church, Bungendore)

www.warmemorialsregister.nsw.gov.au/memo...istrict-war-memorial
(Photo of the new Bungendore Boer War memorial plaque that is now attached to the Bungendore and District War Memorial.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb, jim51, Moranthorse1, Bicolboy59, Trev

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

NSW War Memorial Registry 2 years 1 week ago #82759

• Trev
  • Thank you received: 204
Hi,

Welcome to the ABW Forum. I have just had a look around on the NSW War Memorials Register virtual site and to say, that I'm very impressed and thought that it is a great idea how you can research the veterans further who are listed on the memorial and also add relevant information and their stories as well.

Sounds as though you have a great pastime / hobby in photography as well which will no doubt take you travelling around the State. Keep up the good work.

Trev.

NSW War Memorial Registry 1 year 11 months ago #83253

• Bicolboy59
  • Thank you received: 69
Have you got the pics of the 1st Australian Horse Memorial in Murrumburrah-Harden?, whilst not technically a Boer
War Memorial, it honours those foundation members of the 1st AH, many of whom served in South Africa with various units. Across the road there is the bronze to "Bill the Bastard" recently put on public display.

NSW War Memorial Registry 1 year 11 months ago #83254

• interested researcher
  • interested researcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 5
You can find the information and photos that you are interested in at the NSW War Memorials Registry site: www.warmemorialsregister.nsw.gov.au/cont...t-horse-war-memorial

If you attribute both the registry site and the photographers, you can copy the photos.

The information and photos were recorded by:
Mr David Roden, NSW Premiers Dept. and Peter Levarre-Waters
It is quite a beautiful memorial.

interested researcher

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.888 seconds