• Page:

TOPIC:

UK Boer war news paper clippings 2 years 7 months ago #77880

• Seaton
  • Seaton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 3
I acquired an Album of UK newspaper clippings covering the earlier part of the Boer war about 40 yrs ago. They are mostly still in the original album & contains some well know war artist sketches & their reports from the battle fields.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

UK Boer war news paper clippings 2 years 7 months ago #77884

• Rob D
  • Thank you received: 720
I'd love to see clippings about the upper Tugela (17 - 27 January 1900) - can you contact me by private message if that'd be possible?
Thanks
Rob
The past is not dead. In fact, it's not even past.

UK Boer war news paper clippings 2 years 7 months ago #77910

• Seaton
  • Seaton's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 3
Hi Rob.
The clippings aren’t dated - but the Tugela River is outside Colenso. There are some setbacks the Br. encounter at Tugela, & the battles at & around Colenso.
I’m not sure how to send private messages to you. Initially the few jpg’s were all flagged as too big.
The clipping are unsorted & as stuck in at the time we’re appeared in newspapers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rob D

UK Boer war news paper clippings 2 years 7 months ago #77932

• gavmedals
  • Thank you received: 55
Hi Seaton, The clippings certainly sound interesting and could be a wealth of information. If you are thinking of posting some of the articles on the Forum, there is a spot just below where you type in messages called attachments,
1. If your jpg's are too large, I usually edit them down in size using the standard Microsoft edit function. cannot remember the max size, but usually about 140 / 150 kB should do it, then
2. if you click on "Attachments" as discussed above you should be able to follow and load the picture up.
3. there is also a function you can click when you are in point 2, that will show attachments in the main body of the message
Regards

Gavin
The following user(s) said Thank You: Seaton

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.508 seconds