Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

William A B Russwurm and Kitchener's Fighting Scouts 4 years 2 months ago #67968

• Russwurm
  • Russwurm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

I am researching my great grandfather who served in the Natal Mounted Rifles and Kitchener's Fighting Scouts.
Thank you for posting these images.
www.angloboerwar.com/forum/5-medals-and-...ficers?start=6#56128
That is him.

i am trying to find detailed records of these two units. I have viewed two for the NMR (History of the Natal Mounted Rifles by Hurst and Rough But Ready by Goetzche) but have been unable to find any narratives or detailed After Action Reports from the Fighting Scouts.

What are the best resources for detailed information on the actions by Kitchener's Fighting Scouts?

His full name was William Arthur Blennerhassett Russwurm. He subsequently changed it by deed poll to William Arthur Russwurm Blennerhassett. The Russwurm is sometimes listed as Russell. We believe this is more of a typo than a need to sound less Germanic. (A family rumor that refuses to die.) The name change/swap we think was more related to a remarriage without a preceeding divorce.

Attached is an image that was attached to his medals that went up for auction some time ago. I believe it was my great aunt who sold them. For the most part the biography seems to be correct.

Many thanks for any direction/recommendations you can make.

Nate
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

William A B Russwurm and Kitchener's Fighting Scouts 4 years 2 months ago #67970

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4510
Welcome to the forum, Nate.

Here is some information on the NMR: www.angloboerwar.com/unit-information/so...natal-mounted-rifles

And KFS: www.angloboerwar.com/unit-information/so...ners-fighting-scouts

My brother and I were, for a short time, custodians of these medals.

Dr David Biggins
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 4.799 seconds