TOPIC:

Transvaal Mounted Rifles 6 years 2 months ago #57489

• Kennethhugh
  • Kennethhugh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Good day

I am looking for attestation and discharge records of my maternal Grandfather Sergeant Robert Dereham Parke who was involved in the 1906 Natal ((Bambatha) Rebellion. From his WW1 attestation documentation he states he enlisted in 1903 and was discharged at the conclusion of this campaign in 1906 . I have the medal room information of this event.
Any assistance or ideas of where to conduct further research will be welcomed. I have undertaken a search in the SA National Archives but was unsuccessful in locating this information
Thank you
Ken Castelyn
Pietermaritzburg
[email protected]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Transvaal Mounted Rifles 6 years 2 months ago #57492

• Rory
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2149
You are unlikely to find what you are looking for Ken - simply put there were no attestation or discharge papers kept for the 1906 Rebellion. They just don't exist or have never come to light and I have been searching for many a year.

What exactly are you looking for? If it's more detail around the T.M.R. I would suggest you read the relevant chapter of Harry Klein's book Imperial Horse Cavalcade 0 although this deals primarily with the I.L.H. it does give a breakdown of how the T.M.R. was made up.

Regards

Rory (ex Pietermaritzburg)

Transvaal Mounted Rifles 6 years 2 months ago #57494

• Kennethhugh
  • Kennethhugh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Rory
Many thanks for your post/reply It's kinda what I thought and expected after searching many avenues. I will follow up your suggestion
It's a family mystery, long story and evolves a change of name/identify.
Regards
KenC

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.848 seconds