• Page:

TOPIC:

CIV 4th Middlesex (West) 12 years 7 months ago #1145

• Masarelle
  • Masarelle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello, Your site allowed me to locate information on my Great Uncle Willis Charles Frapwell, (b.1867 - Circuit Court Judges Clerk) on the Garth Castle listings. My Grandfather George Frapwell's Brother (b.1884) them being both the eldest and the youngest of the family.

This came about from general Frapwell research, but it was interesting to find him, as I have a couple of items of his from the Boer war and later.

The first two are a CIV song pamphlet dated 'Pretoria September 1900' - the first song titled '21st Brigade' Song, along with five other songs. I also have a waterproof fabric map of 'Orange Free State, W & S Frontiers'. (Supplied to the Committee of the City of London Imperial Volunteer Contingent)

The third item is from 1925 - 10th February to be exact - the '25th Anniversary Dinner of the CIV' at the Guildhall - presided over by the Rt Hon. the Lord Mayor of London (who at that time appears to have been either Sir Alfred Bower or Sir Willima Pryke, depending on when the Office changed hands.

More interestingly is the fact that my Gt Uncle appears to have obtained several signatures on the evening - including Henry MacKinnon and Bruce Hamilton. The other signatures are harder to make out - some easier than others - for instance A.E. Johnson seems quite clear, but 'Boy C J Daval...or Davies...or?' is harder to decipher. Perhaps one day with the help of the Garth Castle list I may decipher more.

Thank you for filling in a little more history.

Masarelle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.332 seconds