TOPIC:

Military Uniform Identification 12 years 6 months ago #1128

• georgie
  • georgie's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Greetings from Texas, USA.
I have an old photograph of a British officer and would like to find out more about it. I assume it's from the Boer War and was discovered along with an 1898 architechural drawing of the proposed Rutland Hall Gospel Hall in Hove (now the West Hall Community Baptish Church). The only handwriting I can decipher on the back is possibly "Waller", so I doubt I can ever find out the identify of this soldier, but I would very much appreciate any information regarding time period, unit, etc that might be obtained from viewing this photo. I believe the crest on the helmet is a wheel, crown and banner.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Military Uniform Identification 12 years 6 months ago #1130

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1873
Hello Georgie.....

Couple of hints..... Cap Badge looks like an Artillery Cap Badge..... The whip in his had makes me think he is a Driver......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Re: Military Uniform Identification 12 years 4 months ago #1421

• Johnz825
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1

QSAMIKE wrote: Hello Georgie.....

Couple of hints..... Cap Badge looks like an Artillery Cap Badge..... The whip in his had makes me think he is a Driver......

Mike

I would agree that the Hat Badge is the Cap Badge of the Royal Artillery, he is not wearing Collar Badges and I cannot see the usual RA Brass Shoulder Titles, but the whip denotes that he would have been a driver, possibly on the Horse drawn Field Guns, sorry cannot help more, Norman. Ex 11th Hussars PAO
Johnz825

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.469 seconds