Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New member (looking for a possible court martial record) 9 years 3 months ago #25449

• Ric
  • Ric's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,
My name is Ric Robinson. Two of my great grandfathers served in the war, one for the Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers (John Leith) and the other for South African units. It is looking for more information about this second g-grandfather that has prompted me to join this site.

I'm looking for more information about Philip Joseph Robinson. I found his attestation papers for the Kimberley Horse on this site and as a result also found that he was initially in the Cape Police and also with the Special Cape Police Contingent. I managed to get hold of his Cape Police candidate papers [attached] (thanks to Adrian Ellard) and these seem to show he was discharged for misconduct fairly soon after joining - there's a note written at the top in red suggesting there was a court case "Regina vs Robinson: contrary(?) sec 35, Act 12 of 1882". So I'm looking for information about this case if any exists.

His Kimberley Horse papers also say he was in the ILH, which I take to be the Imperial Light Horse, but I can find no record of his service there. Can anyone help with this?

Many thanks,
Ric

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.646 seconds