TOPIC:

info 9 years 5 months ago #23970

• Br178
  • Br178's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • John C Greenfield
  • Thank you received: 0
I have come across a H.Westnut from the Boer War and was looking for some information on him, thanks Br178
I am the Service Officer of the Royal canadian Legion Br178 Bowmanville, Ontario. My interest in the Boer War has always been the history of it, and I help other people find info on their relatives.John Greenfield

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

info 9 years 5 months ago #23973

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
He is not part of the Canadian Contingents and am unable to find him on FMP, can you provide any other information......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

info 9 years 5 months ago #23974

• Br178
  • Br178's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • John C Greenfield
  • Thank you received: 0
I do not have any other info on him,I am trying to find out if he was KIA or returned home saftly, what I need is his deceased date for a Veterans Street name program here in Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada, thanks anyway, Br178
I am the Service Officer of the Royal canadian Legion Br178 Bowmanville, Ontario. My interest in the Boer War has always been the history of it, and I help other people find info on their relatives.John Greenfield

info 9 years 5 months ago #23975

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
I am sorry but he is not in any of the Canadian Units, S.A.C., Canadian Scouts or on Find My Past for the Boer War...... He is not in any casualty list that I have for the Boer War......

I have checked the name under Westnut and Westnutt and cannot find anything......

The only thing that I think of he enlisted for one of the contingents that did not serve in South Africa or should I say was not awarded a medal.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.783 seconds