Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Brigadier-General St John William Topp Parker C.B C.M.G 9 years 5 months ago #23627

• N.Hindle
  • N.Hindle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,this my first post.These medals are part of my collection,they were awarded to Brigadier General St John William Topp Parker A.S.C.I am struggling to find out any information about his time in South Africa apart from he was MID and was invalided out of action towards the end of the Boer war.Any help on why he was invalided or MID,would of great help.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brigadier-General St Jonh William Topp Parker C.B C.M.G 9 years 5 months ago #23633

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
Fantastic Group......

I am Green with envy......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
The following user(s) said Thank You: N.Hindle

Brigadier-General St Jonh William Topp Parker C.B C.M.G 9 years 5 months ago #23635

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
N.Hindle
From "Services of Officers"; Major, ASCorps, West Africa, 1897-98 Employed in Hinterland, clasp. Operations in Sierra Leone, 1898-99 - Karene and Protectorate Expeditions, Medal with clasp.
S. Africa 1899-1901 _ Relief of Ladysmith including action at Colenso, operations of 17th to 24th January 00 and action at Spion Kop. Operations of 3 to 7 Feb 1900 and action at Vaal Kranz, operations on Tugela Heights (14th Feb., 1900), operations in Natal Mar to Jun 00, Operations in Cape Colony, North of Orange River. Afterwards on Staff. Operations in the Transvaal and Orange River Colony 30 Nov 00 to Jan 01. Despatches, London Gazette 8 Feb 01. Queens Medal with five clasps.

I could not find any reference to your subject in the Palmer casualty roll; which is based on the SAFF and NFF listings - these are sometimes incomplete. A guess on my part would be that his pre ABW service in WAfrica probably caught up with him. Have you thought of running through the Shipping Lists on this site? Often the listings show a subject person is convalescent.
A very nice grouping, indeed.
Regards
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: N.Hindle

Brigadier-General St Jonh William Topp Parker C.B C.M.G 9 years 5 months ago #23638

• N.Hindle
  • N.Hindle's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for your reply,that makes sense that rather then a casualty he became ill,as i know he stayed in South Africa until 1904,then he was promoted from Major to Liuet/Col and posted to Scotland.Starting to fill in the gaps already !
Thanks.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.933 seconds