Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

J A Youde 9 years 8 months ago #22241

• Doug
  • Thank you received: 17
Ken

The information is on the medal rolls. I usually use Ancestry as it has a specific section for the actual rolls and your grandfather was fairly easy to find with that last name. There are others, find my past etc.

Doug.
Doug Jenkins
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kenyoude

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

J A Youde 9 years 8 months ago #22263

• kenyoude
  • kenyoude's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Thanks for this Doug. Would you be able to let me know a date for this document? I tried to copy it and enlarge it to see the handwritten script on the right but it just blurs!
Ken

J A Youde 9 years 8 months ago #22264

• Camplin
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone

My name is Nigel and I have just started to research my Grandfathers service with the Worcestershire Regiment his name is Joseph Camplin... Any help and information would be gratefully received. I know my Grandfather served with the second battalion and had been awarded medals I would be very interested to know where he went during his time served. I am not sure what medals he was awarded and unfortunately have not been able to track down his medals within the family. Would anyone know where I can obtain replacements so that I can have mounted and displayed to honour his service.

Nigel :)

J A Youde 9 years 8 months ago #22265

• Doug
Ken

Unusually there isn't a date on this list. I have looked through this roll and nothing. The other rolls to other companies are signed between Mefeking, Bolton and Preston! The dates vary between 1901 and 1909, but usually around 1902/3.

I would contact the local museum, they have some interesting information.

Doug.
Doug Jenkins

J A Youde 9 years 8 months ago #22267

• Doug
Nigel

Here is his medal entitlement:

The MOD may replace medals in certain circumstances, but if you google replacement war medals, there are a number of suppliers who can provide replacements, even with the name on the rim as before!

The museum might be able to provide further information, it is here www.worcestershireregiment.com

Have fun!

Doug.
Doug Jenkins
Attachments:

J A Youde 9 years 8 months ago #22272

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
How much do you actually know about your grandfather, where did he live, when did he die etc.

kenyoude wrote: I am researching J A Youde who was in the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment Volunteer Service Company. He was a private, number 7379. I believe he is my paternal grandfather John Arthur Youde who was born in 1878 in Southport, Lancashire. I would welcome any help with finding out how to go about researching if the initials J A do stand for John Arthur.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.105 seconds