Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Ogdens cigarette cards 11 years 1 month ago #8775

• coldstream
  • coldstream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 214
Not sure if this has been covered before, apologies if it has.
I managed to win a few of these cards on ebay last week and got to wonder do any of our members collect them?
I have seen a few different series of the Boer War advertised, I was quite suprised with the quality when I received them.
I have scanned them to share with the forum but I think these must be the more common ones.

Paul :)
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ogdens cigarette cards 11 years 1 month ago #8777

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4517
Paul,

I think you have spotted another gap in our coverage. Your post reminded me that I also have some of these (also obtained in the same way).

I will post mine so that we can see if we can build up a 'full set' so to speak.

Kind regards
David
Dr David Biggins

Ogdens cigarette cards 11 years 1 month ago #8779

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Paul,
I have to say that I do like these, I have not really bothered with them, though, I do have some VC winners somewhere, I do like the one you have of the Earl of Dundonald, he looks quite dashing in his blue patrols!
Regards Frank

coldstream wrote: Not sure if this has been covered before, apologies if it has.
I managed to win a few of these cards on ebay last week and got to wonder do any of our members collect them?
I have seen a few different series of the Boer War advertised, I was quite suprised with the quality when I received them.
I have scanned them to share with the forum but I think these must be the more common ones.

Ogdens cigarette cards 11 years 1 month ago #8780

• coldstream
David,
That was really my thinking for this thread but I didnt want to be too presumtive!
Hopefully we can get the full set on show.

djb wrote: Paul,

I think you have spotted another gap in our coverage. Your post reminded me that I also have some of these (also obtained in the same way).

I will post mine so that we can see if we can build up a 'full set' so to speak.

Kind regards
David

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Ogdens cigarette cards 11 years 1 month ago #8781

• coldstream
Frank,
Get them scanned and add to the thread please!
Yes the Earl of Dundonald is one of my favourites too.

Frank Kelley wrote: Paul,
I have to say that I do like these, I have not really bothered with them, though, I do have some VC winners somewhere, I do like the one you have of the Earl of Dundonald, he looks quite dashing in his blue patrols!
Regards Frank

coldstream wrote: Not sure if this has been covered before, apologies if it has.

Ogdens cigarette cards 11 years 1 month ago #8783

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Paul,
They are Taddy's cards, not Ogden's, I think, they did a set of VC winners cards, you can pay a fortune for cigarette cards these days! :(
Regards Frank

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.496 seconds