Good Afternoon Everyone...… Another fantastic find (at least I think so) from this estate I am working on...… Mike
For Your Viewing Pleasure.....
THE CANADIAN SCOUTS
(Photo taken between 19th April and 5th May 1901
Page 74 of book – Knowing No Fear
Original I.D.'d photo)
1. Major Charles Joseph Ross, D.S.O. - ex – United States Army – North West Mounted Police – Robert's Horse, Mounted Infantry Scouts – to World War One with United States Army – Awarded – D.S.O., M.I.D. 3 Times
2. Lieutenant Arthur Edward Barnes – ex – Sergeant Major – Canadian Mounted Rifles – Promoted Captain
3. Lieutenant Edward Hillman - ex – North West Mounted Police – Canadian Mounted Rifles – to South African Constabulary – Canadian Expeditionary Force (Brigadier General) - Awarded – C.M.G., C.B., D.S.O. & Bar, M.I.D. 6 Times.
4. Lieutenant Thomas Hugh (Casey) Callaghan, D.C.M. - ex – Corporal Canadian Mounted Rifles – K.I.A. As Lieut. 2nd Canadian Mounted Rifles – April 9th, 1917
5. Lieutenant Thomas Henry Adams Williams – ex – Strathcona's Horse – Sergeant – to South African Constabulary – Awarded M.I.D. Twice – Wounded July 9th 1901
6. Lieutenant William Rowe Eales – ex – South African Irregular Forces (9814), South Rhodesian Volunteers
7. British Staff Officer Attached (Unknown)
8. Captain Arthur H. King – ex - 1st Canadian Hussars, Royal Canadian Dragoons, Cape Mounted Rifles - Attached Canadian Scouts for pay. Assistant Provost Marshall for Alderson's Brigade and Colonel Fortescue's Column.
This is General Hillman after World War One.
Military Historical Society
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb, Elmarie