Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Interesting postal cover 1902 - Colonel Carter(Wilts) &Theophilus Shepstone 6 years 10 months ago #53778

• kivey
  • kivey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I was wondering if anybody could shed a little light on this interesting postal cover I recently purchased with some other pieces of Boer War ephemera. My problem is the correlation between the date and the sender. According to my basic research, Theophilus Shepstone died in 1893 which therefore indicates that this letter has taken at least 9 years to be delivered or there is another Theophilus Shepstone. Both scenarios seem unlikely so I was wondering if anybody could offer an explanation. Yours in anticipation, Keith Ivey
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Interesting postal cover 1902 - Colonel Carter(Wilts) &Theophilus Shepstone 6 years 10 months ago #53779

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879
Photo.....

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kivey

Interesting postal cover 1902 - Colonel Carter(Wilts) &Theophilus Shepstone 6 years 10 months ago #53781

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Keith
The statesman Sir Theophilus Shepstone had a son with the same name. He was born in Peddie, Eastern Cape, on 19/6/1843, and died in Johannesburg on 7/3/1907. I expect a little digging on the Internet might reveal more about the younger Theophilus.
Regards
Brett

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.736 seconds