• Page:

TOPIC:

A week since the upgrade 11 years 2 months ago #8581

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4541
It has now been a week since the site was upgraded to the latest version of the content management software. The last week has seen quite a few issues and I apologise for these.

The first few days saw lots of new, spurious accounts being created and a lot of spam in the forum. To deal with this, a revised logon process started on Tuesday which requires the completion of a simple mathematics sum. This stops the automated account creation programs from creating accounts and had an immediate effect on stopping the spam too. The additional forum rules that new posts had to be moderated before they appeared on the site have been relaxed this morning and returned to what they used to be before the upgrade ie that registered users can post directly to the forum.

Performance has been a big problem in the last 6 days. I have seem many timeouts and internal server error messages. In the last day, I have made some more changes to the site to try to improve the performance back to what it was prior to the upgrade. Using the site today has been better for me. I continue to monitor the performance and would like to hear if you have any problems.

Now that the business of the upgrade is over, we can concentrate back on the important parts, the content.

With best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds