TOPIC:

15 millionth view 4 years 11 months ago #63413

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4500
The site passed another milestone on Thursday with the number of pageviews exceeding 15 million.

Two threads in the forums, the Indian Contingent started by David Grant and Unusual medal combinations that include a QSA started by Justin Davies, have each almost reached 100,000 views.

The number of registered users also topped 10,000 but many of these are no longer active and quite a few are purveyors of footwear and other items of no interest to this site. On this note I would to acknowledge the work of the forum moderators, IL and Paul for regularly and quickly removing spam from the forum.
Dr David Biggins
The following user(s) said Thank You: QSAMIKE, Elmarie, LinneyI, Rory, coldstream, BereniceUK, Frank Kelley, Charl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

15 millionth view 4 years 11 months ago #63414

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Quite frankly, the number of threads that relate to branded "footwear" that have appeared over the last couple of years is annoying, one assumes that the originator of each must have actually registered an account in the first place to be able to post anything.
I am grateful to see those threads removed and certainly thank the moderators for their timely response in doing so.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elmarie, coldstream

15 millionth view 4 years 11 months ago #63417

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1527
David
Thanks for that post. As I think I told you some time ago, what I refer to as "bogies" appear somewhat regularly in time-zones similar to those here. Thus, the ones I see can be quickly deleted. A regular bogey check two/three times a day seems to get the ones ID'd before any more than a handful of "views". I would be very interested to hear Paul's experiences in that regard.
The small amount of work thus required is trifling alongside the research opportunities your site affords to all of us "regulars" and "new recruits".
Best regards
IL.

15 millionth view 4 years 11 months ago #63455

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
I sincerely hope the rest of the year remains "bogey" free, Ian, although, I suspect that would just be wishful thinking.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.368 seconds