Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Resolved -> Security warning when accessing the site using Chrome 5 years 4 months ago #61524

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
I have received a report this morning that the site gives a security warning when being accessed by Chrome. The error mentions the security certificate:

NET::ERR_CERT_SYMANTEC_LEGACY

This is caused by the fact that some security certificates need to be updated and this includes the ABW site. I am working on this now.

In the interim, other versions of Chrome (I am using v70) or other browsers are OK with the current site certificate.
Dr David Biggins

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Security warning when accessing the site using Chrome 5 years 4 months ago #61554

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
This was the problem that arose with my computer a few weeks ago. My local son arranged for this site to be accessed through another browser.

This episode confirmed my suspicions about the gremlins who run computers and the Internet. Some of the other sites I access have no security certificates and Chrome accepts them. The world has become infested with bureaucrats inventing work for themselves, and irritating the public, which is also part of their job description.

Regards
Brett

Resolved -> Security warning when accessing the site using Chrome 5 years 4 months ago #61590

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4519
A new security certificate has been applied to the site this evening which means that Chrome has stopped reporting the site as risky!

My version of Chrome, which was updated today and thus began flagging the site as insecure, is showing the secure connection icon now.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds