Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Request for help entering some latitude and longitude data 8 years 6 months ago #43723

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
Some time ago, I started to add maps to the Town Guard pages to show where the town was located.

For example: Kuruman: angloboerwar.com/unit-information/town-g...ntg?showall=&start=1

I only completed one third of the work and now want to finish it off. I would like to ask if anyone could help me by entering the latitude and longitude into a spreadsheet I have created.

The steps needed to find the co-ordinates and copy them into the Excel document are contained in the document. It entails using a website to generate the co-ordinates eg www.gps-coordinates.net/ , entering the place name eg Aberdeen, South Africa, verifying the location is correct and then copying and pasting the co-ordinates into the attached Excel document.

That would be really helpful if anyone could help me.
Dr David Biggins

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Request for help entering some latitude and longitude data 8 years 6 months ago #43730

• absentminded beggar
  • Thank you received: 11
A pleasure to give a hand - take it that the list attached is all the TG's in WO100 archives?

amb
"The greatness of a nation consists not so much in the number of it's people or the extent of it's territory as in the extent and justice of its compassion"

Request for help entering some latitude and longitude data 8 years 6 months ago #43731

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1881
Good Morning David.....

Would like to help but I am still confused with this bl**dy Windows 10.......

Lost a whole lot of information when went from Windows 7 to 10, saved on stick but still lost original......

Still having trouble with pictures and my own medal catalogue......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Request for help entering some latitude and longitude data 8 years 6 months ago #43745

• djb
  • djb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530
Mike, I understand the problems and hope you are able to sort out the issues and not lose any data.

Amb, thank you for your. The spreadsheet I attached contains 75 TG units. There are 123 listed in total but some of these already have their co-ordinated used in the maps on their page.
Dr David Biggins

Request for help entering some latitude and longitude data 8 years 6 months ago #43751

• absentminded beggar
  • Thank you received: 11
Herewith the data required - trust Excel file comes through correctly. Enjoy.

amb

This attachment is hidden for guests.
"The greatness of a nation consists not so much in the number of it's people or the extent of it's territory as in the extent and justice of its compassion"

This message has an attachment file.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds