Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clitheroe, Lancashire 8 years 10 months ago #41591

• SWB
  • Thank you received: 451

BereniceUK wrote:

Brett Hendey wrote: Berenice

Thank you for your latest post. I have often wondered if you have to search for memorials that are in obscure places, or are their locations always on record somewhere?

Regards
Brett

Oh, Brett, you've rumbled me! Yes, most of the ABW memorials I photo are listed online; however, I doubt that any online resource has everything recorded and I've found, and know about, ABW memorials that I haven't seen listed online. Finding all the ABW-related inscriptions on family gravestones has been a mixture of luck and keeping my eyes open.

Hello Berenice

I do not mean to knock your efforts - I love seeing the pictures even if they are recorded on-line. You are quite that no inventory is 100% so it is important folk like you keep looking. When you find unrecorded memorials I hope you add to the NIWM or WM Online.

The family gravestones are the most unrecorded because they are not classed as war memorials and are excluded from all inventories, except mine.

Kind regards
Meurig
Researcher & Collector
The Register of the Anglo-Boer Wars 1899-1902
theangloboerwars.blogspot.co.uk/
www.facebook.com/boerwarregister

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Clitheroe, Lancashire 5 years 2 months ago #62495

• BereniceUK
  • BereniceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2300
I wonder if John 'Jack' Clitheroe, died 9th January 1900, was related to the comedian Jimmy Clitheroe? Jimmy was born James Robinson Clitheroe.

[John] "Clitheroe, who is a member of the Barnsley Police Force, is a member of a family long resident in the ancient borough" [of Clitheroe]

[Jimmy] "was born in Clitheroe, Lancashire, England on Christmas Eve 1921 at 58 Wilkin Street, (now called Highfield Road), to weavers Emma Pye and James Robert Clitheroe, who had married in 1918. He was born at his maternal grandparents' house."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.321 seconds