Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Missing information 10 years 1 month ago #18564

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Denise,
I'm not sure I understand your second point, Lufthansa has existed since 1926, a long time before the Luftwaffe, which had been completely destoryed by April 1945, both in the air and on the ground, it was certainly not "converted" in any way, other than to ashes.

Regards Frank
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wronsky Barnard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Missing information 10 years 1 month ago #18568

• Wronsky Barnard
  • Wronsky Barnard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Agreed. This just FYI...MARTIN WRONSKY (1877 - 1946)
To aviation Wronsky came only to a military career. In the First World War it was and others used in large headquarters. After end of war it acknowledged the service and went 1919 as a traffic leader to the German air shipping company Berlin. It organized the first post office and passenger flights for Weimar national assembly, with which German aviation began. As 1919 into the Hague "internationally the air Traffic Association" (IATA) was created, ranked Wronsky among their initiators. 1922 he became a deputy director of the air shipping company. And as in the year after the German aero Lloyd was created, Wronsky its executive committee belonged on. The competition between the different airlines became ever more sharply. In order to forestall the economic collapse, the two large, 1923 created societies, the Junkers of air traffic A. G. and the German aero Lloyd fused - A. G., under participation of the realm to German Lufthansa A. G.
The name "Lufthansa" decreases/goes back to the pressechef of the Junkerswerke, as a specialized journalist admitted Friedrich Andreas Fischer von Poturzyn. The directors of establishment of the new airline were petrols Merkel and Martin Wronsky of the aero Lloyd and Erhard milk of Junkers. Under its guidance German Lufthansa developed to one of the largest aviation enterprises. Wronsky, which had recognized already early the international meaning of air traffic, was considered to the new society as a "minister of foreign affairs". With large negotiation fate and under employment of its personal charm he represented Lufthansa in the international framework.
Denise

Missing information 9 years 10 months ago #20697

• Charlie2em
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi Frank,

I read this topic and thought that you may be able to answer a question I have. I hope you don't mind me adding this in here. I want to know where I can apply for my grandfather's medals if they were never issued to him. I don't know if this is possible or not. I would appreciate any info that you may have on this. My grandfather served with the 8th Kings Royal Irish Hussars and saw action in Cape Colony, Orange Free State and Transvaal.

Thanks

Charlie

Missing information 9 years 10 months ago #20698

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
Hi Charlie

The cut off for claiming Boer War medals passed a long time ago, I think in the 1980's. I am not even sure if you can claim WW1 medals anymore. I understand WW2 are still being claimed.

Ryan

Missing information 9 years 10 months ago #20699

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Charlie,
The British Army medal office, to the best of my knowledge, will only issue to the immediate next of kin and not second or third generations, which in itself, would mean the issue of any Victorian campaign medal would certainly no longer be possible.
I feel complete disquiet at even the mere thought of a laser named QSA! :ohmy:
Regards Frank Kelley

Charlie2em wrote: Hi Frank,

I read this topic and thought that you may be able to answer a question I have. I hope you don't mind me adding this in here. I want to know where I can apply for my grandfather's medals if they were never issued to him. I don't know if this is possible or not. I would appreciate any info that you may have on this. My grandfather served with the 8th Kings Royal Irish Hussars and saw action in Cape Colony, Orange Free State and Transvaal.

Thanks

Charlie

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds