Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Collection Disposal Your Ideas...... 11 years 6 months ago #5979

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1879
Good Morning Everyone......

OK I know that this is a morbid question but let’s say that something happens to you and just to let you know I do not hope for anything to happen, but what will become of your collection?

Have you made any preparations for the disposal of your collection?

I have kept a detailed list of all the items in my collection, medallic and non-medallic, where purchased, date, description and of course cost. I am sure that you have all done this as well.....

In my Will, after consulting with them, I have 4 friends that live here in this area that will assist my Daughter to go through my collection and catalogue. They will make sure that the items that I have promised to specific people and institutions will get to them and assist her in the fair disposal of the collection.

I have seen in too many cases the Vultures descend on the family and the collection is broken up, in one case the widow ended up selling the collection for less than a quarter of its value.

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Collection Disposal Your Ideas...... 11 years 6 months ago #5980

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Mike,
Let me first say I hope it will be a long long time before you have to dispose of your collection.
I do think you are very organised in your future preparations and I think you have made a wise choice in asking your friends to assist.
Lets hope you keep enjoying "your treasures" for a long while yet.
My own personal preparations have already been made a while ago when my wife made us make a will and most possesions are to be left to the children.
My collection is probably minute compared to yours, but I am hoping to last a few more years, so who knows how it will end up!

Paul :)
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds