Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Victorian stereoscope

Victorian stereoscope 3 weeks 5 days ago #68304

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 936
Ditto David's comments..... Great list to work from...… Thanks Mike...…

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikehm

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Victorian stereoscope 3 weeks 3 days ago #68332

• mikehm
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 2
Michael Kaplan has just sent me some truly awful snapshots of the two cards that I thought might be duplicates:

T101 Cape Garrison Artillery cannonading the dauntless Boers across the Modder River, South Africa (Copyright 1900)

This is actually captioned "Cape Garrison Artillery making it hot for the Boers across the Modder River, South Africa" on the front, and "Cape Garrison Artillery cannonading the dauntless Boers across the Modder River, South Africa" on the back. Confirmed as a duplicate.

T122 Gen Cronje’s 4000 brave Boers after surrendering to Roberts force of 50 000 Feb 27th Paardeberg, South Africa (Copyright 1900)

This is actually captioned "General Cronje’s 4000 Boers after their surrender Feb 27th Paardeberg, South Africa" on the front and "Gen. Cronje’s 4000 brave Boers after surrendering to Roberts force of 50 000 Feb 27th Paardeberg, South Africa" on the back. Confirmed as a duplicate.

Running totals of cards and images seen in the wild and now back down to 367 titles, 372 images.
ATB
Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.404 seconds