Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Post #4000....... 5 years 8 months ago #59772

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1879
Good Day Everyone.....

As some people will notice this is my 4000th post......

I would like to make it a special one.....

I have been a member for number years, nearly 11 now I think..... In that time I have learned many many things that have helped me in my field of research and collecting.... The Forum has helped me in the acquisition of knowledge, has stopped me from making a number of mistakes and the big thing is corrected me in when I have made a mistake or had a bad piece of information.....

Normally I am not a great ally of the computer and I used to spend a fortune on postage trying to find information but then I was lead to this forum and God said “Let There Be Light” and everything was visible..... (Sorry David no Got but close.)

So therefor I would like to say a HUGE Thank You to David and Chris Biggins for founding this forum and David for working so very very hard to keep it going especially when we have had a hick-up..... A number of times I have logged in with my morning coffee and found that the site is down and worried until it has returned, sending David a small prayer of thinks that I have not lost one of my best friends.....

The list of people that follow (in no special order) are just a few of the many that I would like to thank but I have tried to thank each and every one of you......

David: For the forum as a whole entity, for all of the publications he has created an the illustrated posts he puts in about the hobby.....

Meurig: For all the knowledge that he has passed on to me and the publications that he has......

Rory: For the fantastic research posts that he has given to us and of which I am very envious.....

Frank: For the information he has passed on and also to his sense of humour which we all need every now and then......

Berenice: For her fantastic photos of memorials and research on the names thereon which for me brings these men back to life.....

Elmarie: For the fantastic in site to both sides and the photos and information she has provided......

Henk: For the large amount of information he has provided.......

David G.: And his great knowledge on the Indian Forces.......

Linney, Paul (dunnboer), Brett, Paul (coldstream)

There are many many other people that I would like to thank and I am sure that you know who you are and I am sorry if I did not mention you by name......

So here is to another 4000 if I am still around to do so......

Thank You Everyone......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
The following user(s) said Thank You: djb, Elmarie, LinneyI, David Grant, Rory, Henk Loots

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Post #4000....... 5 years 8 months ago #59773

• BereniceUK
  • Thank you received: 2297
Hear, hear to all you've said (and thank you too).

See you at the museum in late summer/early autumn 2020, I hope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QSAMIKE

Post #4000....... 5 years 8 months ago #59774

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
You are as young as you feel , Mike, as WLSC, very famously often used to say, KBO!

Post #4000....... 5 years 8 months ago #59784

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4507
Mike,

Thank you for a very special 4000th post.

4000 posts on the ABW site is an amazing achievement and I think we should be acknowledge everything that you have contributed to the site for so many years. Your willingness to share your information and help others in their own research has been a tremendous assistance. This is duly attested to by the hundreds of thank yous that you have received.

I have often said that the ABW site would be nothing without the members who contribute their time, information, knowledge, research, pictures and advice to create and maintain the wonderful community that we have.

So, thank you, Mike, for all you have done for this site.
Dr David Biggins

Post #4000....... 5 years 8 months ago #59805

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Mike,
Congratulations on this memorable achievement, a credit to the forum.
I agree with your comments on David and the mentioned members.
Cheers
Paul
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Post #4000....... 5 years 8 months ago #59827

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Mike
Congratulations on a great achievement! I for one have learnt a great deal from your posts, but I am sure that all others visiting this forum will feel the same.
Regards and with great respect.
Brett

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.411 seconds