Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Boer War Books 6 years 6 months ago #56063

• Georgegt351
  • Georgegt351's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 31
Today in Adelaide South Australia I managed to purchase a couple of what I would class as obscure books on the Boer War-they are:

Some Austral-African notes and Anecdotes by A.J.N.Tremearne published in 1913 by John bale, Sons & Danielson Ltd. He appears to have been a Lieutenant with the First Victorian Contingent,
and
War in South Africa between the British and Boers--by James H.Birch, Jr published by The Parish Publishing Co. Toronto, Canada-no date can be found-interesting book with some photos of individual casualties- can anybody throw any light on this one?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boer War Books 6 years 6 months ago #56064

• QSAMIKE
  • Thank you received: 1879

Georgegt351 wrote: Today in Adelaide South Australia I managed to purchase a couple of what I would class as obscure books on the Boer War-they are:

War in South Africa between the British and Boers--by James H.Birch, Jr published by The Parish Publishing Co. Toronto, Canada-no date can be found-interesting book with some photos of individual casualties- can anybody throw any light on this one?

Good Morning George.......

What would you like to find out about this book as you can imagine it is fairly common here.......

Mike

P.S. Here is a thread on Books.....

www.angloboerwar.com/forum/11-research/1...n-the-boer-war#23116
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591
The following user(s) said Thank You: Georgegt351

Boer War Books 6 years 6 months ago #56066

• Georgegt351
  • Georgegt351's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 31
Thanks Mike-if it is fairly common in Canada then there is no need for me to get too excited about it but it is a bit of a rarity here in Australia.

Regards,

George

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds