Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Books that are Available....... 8 years 11 months ago #41412

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1883
Good Afternoon Everyone.......

A book dealer in the UK that I have done some business with has advised me that he has purchased a collection of books on the Boer War and wishes to dispose of them of course...... I was given first choice but there is nothing that I really need so with his permission and of course yours David here is the list before he posts it on his website......

If you are interested send me a pm and I will let you know how to make contact......

Mike

1. 'On Active Service with the Northumberland and Durham Yeoman, under Methuen, S Africa 1900-01' by K Spurgin . Walter Scott 1902 . 323 pages , 15 plates, Roll of Honour . Bumping to edges of boards , some browning to prelims o/w very good. £65

2. 'WITH THE GREEN HOWARDS IN S AFRICA 1899 - 1902' by Maj M Ferrar . Eden Fisher 1904 . 198 pages . Rolls. Plates. Minor bumping to edges of boards , some browning to prelims , o/w very good. £50

3.'WAR RECORD OF THE YORK & LANCASTER REGT 1900-1902' by A Kearsey . Bell 1903 . 277 pages 21 plates, rolls. Minor bumping to edges of boards , some browning to prelims , o/w very good . £60

4. 'WAR IMPRESSIONS' by artist Mortimer Menpes 1901 . A recently bound collection of his Colour Illustrations of the Boer War ; 8 x 6 inches; a pictorial record of the Boer War. Tissue guards to 99 plates . No text. Scarce and in superb condition . £50

5.'WAR IMPRESSIONS - BEING A RECORD IN COLOUR' by Mortimer Menpes , transcribed by Dorothy Menpes. A & C Black 1901 254 pages , plus 99 colour plates, a series of facsimile letters and a map to rear . Ex lib in library binding and with all usual stamps etc but o/w good copy of this very rare book. £70.

6.'FROM CAPETOWN TO LADYSMITH' by G W Steevens. Blackwood 1900 . 180 pages 2 maps inc fold out. Minor bumping to edges of boards , o/w very good. £14

7.'DELLA DORN - OR STRUGGLES OF THE BOERS' by T Allison. Hyland 1908.266 pages - an American pro Boer poetry book. £9.50

8. 'TROOPER 8008 IY' by Hon. S Peel. Arnold 1902 . 169 pages withfold out map and 17 plates. Ex lib with all usual stamps etc , badly rubbed boards o/w an OK working example £35.

9. SOLD

10. 'WITH OUR SOLDIERS AT THE FRONT - OR , CONFLICT & VICTORY IN S AFRICA' by Johnson. Religious Tract Soc 1903. 192 pages with 15 plates . Pictorial boards, rubbed , cracked hinges to boards. £25.

11. THE GREAT GOLD LANDS OF S AFRICA - CAPE COLONY , NATAL, ORANGE FREE STATE, TRANSVAAL' by R Smith. Ward Locke 1891 296 pages , fold out map, illustrated . Pictorial boards, rubbed , cracked hinges to boards . £40 .

12. SOLD

13.'BOOT & SADDLE - A NARRATIVE ACCOUNT OF THE CAPE REGIMENT, THE BRITISH CAPE MOUNTED RIFLES & THE COLONIAL CAPE MOUNTED RIFLEMEN' by P Young . Maskew Miller 1955. 193 pages plus plates . Ex lib with all usual stamps etc, spine cover damaged, pages browned . £28

14. 'WITH GEN FRENCH & THE CAVALRY IN SOUTH AFRICA' by C S Goldmann . Macmillan 1902 . 462 pages , 18 large fold out maps, Over 100 photo illustrations . Ex lib with all usual stamps etc, pages spotted , repairs to maps , boards virtually disbound. Poor condition but complete . £75.

15. 'THE STORY OF THE IMPERIAL LIGHT HORSE IN THE S AFRICAN WAR 1899 - 1900' by G Gibson. G & D 1937. 351 pages , 19 illustrations and 6 maps. Boards worn and some damage to spine cover , very good internally . £70.

20% discount will be given for orders of 3 or more books . Tracked Postage at cost will be added , please ask for quote.
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds