Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Latest Meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart 8 years 11 months ago #41051

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Stephen,
Forgot to mention, did the "lovely receptionist" compare favourably with the painting and where is "this fine establishment" in Hobart?
Regards again Frank

Stephen Bayley wrote:

Whilst snow was falling on the slopes of Mount Wellington in Hobart, members of the ABWAC discussed a wide range of topics relating to the Boer War. All conducted under the watchful gaze of Queen Victoria. We had no trouble in getting the lovely receptionist at this fine establishment to record the moment for us. Gents for your viewing pleasure, Ian & I paying due respect to a youthful looking portrait of Queen Victoria in Hobart, May 2015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Latest Meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart 8 years 11 months ago #41053

• Stephen Bayley
  • Stephen Bayley's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 32
Hi Frank,
All is going well here in Hobart, my work likes sending me all over Australia consequently I am north of Hobart presently. Will be back in Hobart Friday so I will endeavour to get a better photo of just the portrait of the young Queen Victoria and post it up or post to you.
I enjoyed the information regarding Queen Victoria, thank you.
Trust you are going well.
Cheers
Stephen

Latest Meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart 8 years 11 months ago #41054

• Stephen Bayley
Hi James,

I have a mate nicknamed Wombat. He is called that because he was the type of bloke that just "Eats roots & leaves". Well that's what some of the girls in our group said about him so it stuck!!

Just search "ABWAC" and you will find all the postings around this roughly bi annual get together. We tend to catch up in Hobart in the first half of the year and Sydney in the back six. Informal get together mainly a discussion around the Colonials in the Boer War, so if you want to get involved in the next catch up, please PM Ian or I.

That goes for anyone else feeling unloved in Australia. We trudge on.

Cheers
Stephen
The following user(s) said Thank You: LinneyI

Latest Meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart 8 years 11 months ago #41062

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Stephen,
Well, in times such as these, a fellow can never have too much work, yes, Victoria was really fascinating, although, she had some funny ideas, adding whisky to her claret, for example, anyway, I will certainly look forward to further posts and photographs from you in due course.
Kind regards Frank

Stephen Bayley wrote: Hi Frank,
All is going well here in Hobart, my work likes sending me all over Australia consequently I am north of Hobart presently. Will be back in Hobart Friday so I will endeavour to get a better photo of just the portrait of the young Queen Victoria and post it up or post to you.
I enjoyed the information regarding Queen Victoria, thank you.
Trust you are going well.
Cheers
Stephen

Latest Meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart 8 years 11 months ago #41313

• Stephen Bayley
Hi Frank,

A few photos of Queen Victoria as promised from a local establishment in Hobart.

Cheers
Stephen

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: LinneyI, Frank Kelley

Latest Meeting of the ABW Antipodean Chapter in Hobart 8 years 11 months ago #41316

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
Stephen
Great pics! For the edification of the esteemed readership, the Establishment exhibiting said portrait is Hadley's Hotel on Murray St., Hobart. Fine meals, attractive lady concierges and IL wishes they still had the open log fire! He complained about it this time and was told it was an OH&S matter!
Regards
IL. :huh:

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.646 seconds