TOPIC:

Percy Robert Harding Ramsey 10 years 1 month ago #18875

• JudoDave92
  • JudoDave92's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello all,

I've posted on this forum in the past about the Boer War, funnily enough, and you were all a tremendous help to me. However, I was wondering if you could assist me again please? My family member, Percy, served in WWI too. I can't remember who it was who helped me before, but I have notes saying Percy was a Corporal with the City of London Yeomanry, Rough Riders, and was commissioned into the Dorset (Queen's Own) Yeomanry on the 23rd July, 1916 and served out in Egypt and Gallipoli. His service record is WO374/56140. My problem is that these have not been digitalised and Kew still have not responded to my request about getting these pages posted to me. Would anyone be able to give me some advice on what to do next? I am fully aware that I'll probably have to make one final trip to Kew, although I am trying to avoid doing so because of money.

Regards,

Dave Broome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Percy Robert Harding Ramsey 10 years 1 month ago #18877

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Dave,
Are you saying that you actually created an account, ordered and paid for the copy or not?
Regards Frank

JudoDave92 wrote: Hello all,

I've posted on this forum in the past about the Boer War, funnily enough, and you were all a tremendous help to me. However, I was wondering if you could assist me again please? My family member, Percy, served in WWI too. I can't remember who it was who helped me before, but I have notes saying Percy was a Corporal with the City of London Yeomanry, Rough Riders, and was commissioned into the Dorset (Queen's Own) Yeomanry on the 23rd July, 1916 and served out in Egypt and Gallipoli. His service record is WO374/56140. My problem is that these have not been digitalised and Kew still have not responded to my request about getting these pages posted to me. Would anyone be able to give me some advice on what to do next? I am fully aware that I'll probably have to make one final trip to Kew, although I am trying to avoid doing so because of money.

Regards,

Dave Broome

Percy Robert Harding Ramsey 10 years 1 month ago #18901

• JudoDave92
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Dear Frank,

Yes I have a readers card and all that jazz, and I requested an estimate for how much his papers would cost me to be posted out to me. But Kew haven't replied yet.

Regards,

Dave

Percy Robert Harding Ramsey 8 months 1 week ago #91809

• George123
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Dave,

I may have just found Percy’s passport. My father is 92 and I’m cleaning his house out and I found it in a pile of papers. I’m assuming it belongs to your family member as this is the only person I could find with the exact full name ‘Percy Robert Harding Ramsey”.

Kindly confirm Robert’s D.O.B. or other distinguishing factor and I’ll post the passport to you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

George

Percy Robert Harding Ramsey 8 months 1 week ago #91810

• JudoDave92
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Dear George,

Bloody hell! That's quite the find! I'm scrounging through my bits and getting my old man to dig out his copy of my dissertation to supply this!

I currently have both of my boys clambering over me however so may have a slight delay.

Shall reply as soon as possible!

If it is easier my email is [email protected].

Kind regards,

Dave

Percy Robert Harding Ramsey 8 months 5 days ago #91877

• George123
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Hi Dave,

Any joy finding Percy’s D.O.B.?

Best,

George

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.901 seconds