Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: James Killeen Ser Nu 3208 10 years 4 months ago #16367

• Neb-Maat-Re
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0

jampas wrote: Many Thanks for you prompt reply, to confuse matters his service record on the Statement of service shows a different Serial number 3208, he was born 1873 in India (in fact there are 2 J Killeen's born that year in 1873, Puttegurgh and Futtegurgh both to the 85th Foot which as you know was the Shropshire Light Infantry.)

Hi Jim. I hope I don't muddy the waters here. I am trying to find a match to a James Killeen in my family tree.

From records on Familysearch.org (Finfmypast.co.uk) I believe the James Killeen born in Futtegurgh in 1873 has a pension record (Archive reference WO97 Chelsea) and therefore isn't the man who dies in France in 1915 with the service number 7169.

familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/FGQT-5HV
familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/V5C5-CJH
www.findmypast.co.uk/army-service-record...lerance=2&series=ALL

I can't find a reference to a "Puttegurgh" and I wonder if that is a mis-transcription of Futtegurgh, meaning the two J Killeens born 1873 you mention may be the same person,

I am trying to determine if James Killeen service number 7169 who dies in France was actually born in 1892 in Chungla Gully, Bengal to Austin and Edith Killeen. Any information that supports or disproves this would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.727 seconds