Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

desperate for help with Boer War watercolour sketches and cartoons.. 11 years 10 months ago #4163

• gallowsboy
  • gallowsboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

I have in my possession 4 watercolour sketches and three cartoons which I think are to do with the Boer war.

The Boer connection is obvious with the cartoons but I've no idea about military or cavelry (all the watercolour sketches depict soldiers on horseback) and the only clue of anything else is three names written in pencil on the back of one of them. :S

They all appear to have been taken out of a notebook. I've posted below one of the cartoons, two watercolour sketches and the names in hope that someone out there can shed some light on this!

Here's hoping someone can help,

Cheers
Gary :)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: desperate for help with Boer War watercolour sketches and cartoons.. 11 years 10 months ago #4164

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello,
Bottom picture appears to be a Lancer, in full dress, they wore service dress in the field! picture above that, appears to depict Dragoon Guards, again in full dress and top picture seems to be Britain, represented by a caged lion being taunted by Paul Kruger.
Regards Frank
The following user(s) said Thank You: gallowsboy

Re: desperate for help with Boer War watercolour sketches and cartoons.. 11 years 10 months ago #4165

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Just noticed, in the top picture, France, Russia and Germany, represented by a frog, a bear and what I take to be a very scruffy looking Prussian eagle!
Poor old France!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Re: desperate for help with Boer War watercolour sketches and cartoons.. 11 years 10 months ago #4166

• gallowsboy
  • gallowsboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
I know, there's nothing new under the sun! :)

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.727 seconds