• Page:

TOPIC:

walkers fruit farms 11 years 11 months ago #3137

• markdoc63
  • markdoc63's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
good afternoon, i stay in a farming community 20km from vereeniging namely walkers fruit farms. This area wasdeclared a conservency a while back and whilst working with these guys i recieved information that there are trenches from the boer war in our area it also has iron age sites that are documented but the trenches are not is there anyone who can shed light on this matter as i feel it could shed light on our area and could be a good project for us in the area to be involved in. Many thanks Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: walkers fruit farms 11 years 11 months ago #3162

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
Mark

It may be worth contacting the History Department at the university in Potchefstroom. Staff or students past or present may have recorded this sort of thing.

Regards
Brett

Re: walkers fruit farms 11 years 11 months ago #3173

• markdoc63
  • markdoc63's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Good morning, thank you for your reply. I spoke to the owner of the farm this morning and found out no one has been to the farm. He explained that there are walls and an encampment on the hill overlooking suikerbosch and vereeniging so it looks good so far i will try and get permission to go there on the weekend and take a closer look many thanks. Mark

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds