TOPIC:

250 YEARS OF FREEMASONRY IN SOUTH AFRICA 2 years 8 months ago #77770

• Victor Mbeck
  • Victor Mbeck's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Dear Sir, Madam,

As a member of our Grand Lodge Heritage Committee, we are preparing for a series of Commemorative Celebrations during June 2022 when we will mark the 250 th year of Freemasonry in South Africa.

To commemorate this milestone, The Grand Lodge of South Africa are planning a series of celebratory events including the publishing of a Collection of Historical Papers collated in a Heritage Commemorative Book comprising articles and papers that reflect on the challenges and influences faced by the country and the impact this had on society as a whole.

As England, Scotland and Ireland played a significant part of the societal development throughout the history of South Africa, needless to say, they too introduced over the centuries along with the Netherlands, their own Masonic lodges of whom many significant historical figures featured prominently.

Where previously the development of Freemasonry in Southern Africa proved to be harmonious, the Anglo – Boer Wars as a significant event in our history, brought tales of Masonic brotherhood overriding war ideologies and it is these stories that we are appealing of Freemasonry, in particular during the Boer wars.

We are therefore asking for assistance with any historical articles that you or your society might have on record which we will credit in the publication.

We would appreciate any assistance and relevant articles and photos must please be sent to myself: Victor Muhlenbeck – email: [email protected]

Grand Lodge reference: www.grandlodge.co.za/history/

Kind regards,

Victor Muhlenbeck
Mobile: +27824515057
176 Springfield Road,
Morningside, Durban, 4001

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

250 YEARS OF FREEMASONRY IN SOUTH AFRICA 11 months 2 weeks ago #89685

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
Did anything get published from this?

250 YEARS OF FREEMASONRY IN SOUTH AFRICA 11 months 2 weeks ago #89686

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2141
I see he has provided a cell phone number. Create him on your WhatsApp and send him a message or e-mail him directly to the email address provided.

Are you looking to see if Pres. Kruger was a Free Mason.....?

250 YEARS OF FREEMASONRY IN SOUTH AFRICA 11 months 2 weeks ago #89696

• rdarby
  • Thank you received: 119
Why would I care about Kruger?

I’ll contact the OP. I remember some anecdotes or stories from before and that FB post made me search so I ended up here.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds