• Page:

TOPIC:

Belt Buckle Research 3 years 5 days ago #75506

• Sprite
  • Sprite's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Can anyone who knows belt buckles explain to me what this belt buckle is era or country of origin? I know my grandad fought in Anglo Boer war and WW1 and could only find his medals and awards but also found this belt buckle can anyone tell me some info about it? He fought with 3rd North Staffordshire and reg number: 4527 he was given the queens south Africa medal in cape colony, I believe this is his buckle, can anyone help?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Belt Buckle Research 3 years 4 days ago #75525

• Dave F
  • Thank you received: 1165
Hello Sprite
Welcome to the forum.
I have had a trawl through the archives regarding belt buckles and I cannot find a match to your buckle. The North Staffs had the 3 feathers. I thought it might be colonial, but alas no match. It looks circa 1910 to 1920 (I may be wrong) is there any stamp marks on the buckle? I searched the British army badge site to see if any lions matched. No dice I'm afraid. The only lion I did find which was similar was attributed to the Belgian army and a police belt that was similar in design but alas no lions head. Also there is the lion that represents the Royal British Legion. I hope someone on the forum may be able to help out? I will keep looking and will let you know if I find anything that matches your grandfathers buckle.
You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.
Best regards,
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds