Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Q Battery - Sanna's Post - the unsuccessful recommendations 6 months 3 weeks ago #92200

• djb
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4530

Phil, Bicolboy59,

I have sent you a zip file containing the 49 images from this file.

Best wishes
David
Dr David Biggins
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: NZMR, Bicolboy59

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Q Battery - Sanna's Post - the unsuccessful recommendations 6 months 3 weeks ago #92201

• NZMR
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi David,

Legendary work there David - much appreciated. Even though I can't see a specific report on Ainsworth (just a quick scan through the files, so I may have missed something), just having the words "I recommend them (referring to Ainsworth et al) for the Victoria Cross" and signed by Roberts is unequivocal proof.

Thanks again

Phil

Q Battery - Sanna's Post - the unsuccessful recommendations 6 months 3 weeks ago #92203

• Bicolboy59
  • Bicolboy59's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 73
Thank you David, this was greatly appreciated.

Phil,
Yes evidence for Ainsworth does not appear to be included in the file, however, there is a document sent in reply originating from the C in C which goes on to state that as Koornspruit was basically a "stuff up", that it would be imprudent to make awards over and above those 4 from Q Battery which would then highlight the action and its outcome.

I would suggest that upon receipt of this reply further correspondence on the matter was dropped.
That then leaves the matter of Maxwell, so having his recommendation not proceeded with, and being in a position of having a patron at court pushed the matter and I would suggest that they must have had considerable standing at court to push the matter to its positive conclusion.

Where that correspondence is would be anybody's guess, it would have been a matter handled by Horse guards I suspect.

Regards

Simon

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.559 seconds