Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Egypt through Boer War miniature group - attribution help needed 6 years 3 months ago #57026

• Charl
  • Charl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 32
I purchased the attached miniature group in Pietermaritzburg in Natal around 1981. Have always wondered if it would be possible to put a name to it, so I am hoping members on this forum can assist. I believe the 5-bar Egypt medal with Gemaizah 1888 and Toski 1889 might be a good start.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Egypt through Boer War miniature group - attribution help needed 6 years 3 months ago #57032

• BereniceUK
  • Thank you received: 2300
I thought perhaps Lord Grenfell, but he doesn't seem to have served in Burma. I'm no expert, but didn't the Third Anglo-Burmese War ran concurrently with the Anglo-Egyptian War? Could someone have served in both?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charl

Egypt through Boer War miniature group - attribution help needed 6 years 3 months ago #57033

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1536
Berenice
BBM 7th says that clasp "Burma 1887-89" was for service between 1/5/87 and 31/3/1889. The first three clasps on the minature Egypt medal are for service before those dates; however "Gemizah 1888" lies inside the qualifications for the IGS clasp "Burma 1887-89". "Toski 1889" lies afterwards.
Minature medal sets are always a problem to even begin to attribute.
Charl, good luck with your quest in this one!
Regards
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BereniceUK, Charl

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.423 seconds