• Page:

TOPIC:

Boer Prisoner Numbers - Isaac / Izaac Joubert 6 years 9 months ago #54465

• jtalbot0001
  • jtalbot0001's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi, I was researching a Boer Prisoner, Isaac S Joubert. I see two names that this could be according to the site,

1. Joubert Izaac Stefanus Smit - Prisoner number: 25873
2. Joubert Isaac Stefanus Smit - Prisoner number: 14526

I just wanted to confirm, are these spellings correct, Isaac and Izaac? IE: S and Z in names. Are these two people related? IE: They were both captured at TROMPSBURG according the site (Note: Incorrect Spelling for Trompsburg under No. 14526). The ages between the two are only a year apart also, Age 24 and 25. So another question is, which depends on the first answer to the names, and everything else for that matter, is it possible that these two are one and the same person as details are so similar? Is it possible to have two prisoner numbers for one person?

What ever your answer please let me know, and now you can update at least one of the records, currently "sent to unkown", as I have proof one was at GREEN POINT POW CAMP!

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Boer Prisoner Numbers - Isaac / Izaac Joubert 6 years 9 months ago #54468

• jtalbot0001
  • jtalbot0001's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 1
Actually upon posting this, perhaps they are two different people. I note under each name that one has an address of Petrusbrug (Orange Free State) and one has an address for Turffontein (Johannesburg) so if that is accurate, and everything else is correct, then this envelope must be Isaac with an S (14526) since his TENT has NUMBER 84 with O.V.S. above which would tie in with this person.

So that means, should everything being correct, Prisoner 14526 needs to have (TRUMPSBURG changed to TROMPSBURG) and then where he was sent needs changing to GREEN POINT CAMP.

Boer Prisoner Numbers - Isaac / Izaac Joubert 4 years 3 months ago #67425

• DENEL
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 2
They are undoubtedly different people.

They may be related, but that would require further research. However, given that there are differences in the spelling of their names and the closeness of their age, it is more likely that they are not related.

Conclusion: more research is required.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.639 seconds