Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #43029

• LinneyI
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1541
Forum members
Last evening I had a telephone call from Natalie Jaffe concerning my bid on lot 122 of Auction 66 (double relief to Pte. Newman, 2nd RF) - and what had happened to it. Natalie explained how the glitch had occurred and I informed her that, under the circumstances, apologies were not necessary. Natalie told me that the invoice for lot 122 would be sent next day and it duly was and the necessary banking on my end was completed this afternoon.
Natalie made a further comment; something that should be kept in mind by future bidders in City Coins auctions: "The integrity of my firm is my first concern".
Best regards
IL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #43030

• Brianc
  • Thank you received: 49

LinneyI wrote: Forum members
Natalie made a further comment; something that should be kept in mind by future bidders in City Coins auctions: "The integrity of my firm is my first concern".
Best regards
IL.

Guys, I can concur with this statement. Natalie is one of the most honest persons I have ever met in this hobby of ours. Had a number of dealings with her and she is as professional as they come. It must be a logistical nightmare to run an auction like they do with multiple choices etc No doubt a gremlin or two might creep in but they get it right 99.99% of the time, and thats what counts.

Ian glad it has all worked out.

Regards
Brian

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #43031

• Rory
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2151
I can second all that has been said - a thoroughly professional operation with a woman of integrity at the helm.

You can't do much better than Natalie and City Coins - Amicus certus in re incerta!

Regards

Rory

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #43032

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 740
IL
I am pleased that the matter has been resolved. I was concerned that something had gone amiss, and it is a relief that the reputations of City Coins and Natalie remain unsullied.

Brian & Rory
I agree with all you have written.

Regards
Brett

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #43055

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Ian,
I am very happy and of course, somewhat relieved that this has been fully resolved in your favour, but, more importantly, to see that you have added a really good pair to your collection, I have always held this fusilier company in the very highest possible regard, despite the much vaunted Royal Horse Artillery and Imperial Light Horse, these few men had no horse's, again, they proved to be very exceptional soldiers indeed.
Very pleased for you, well done, Ian.
Kind regards Frank

City Coins 8 years 7 months ago #43061

• LinneyI
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 1541
Frank
Thanks for your kind comments. I have always wanted this "double relief" combination ever since I saw (and could not afford) a singleton in Alec Kaplan's list very many years ago. Living here, somewhat distant from the medal collecting centres of UniK/SA/Cda, should something REALLY choice come up, the time difference is a disadvantage. That is one of the principal reasons I really look forward to Natalie's auctions.
As an aside, I always have had an interest in the "Relief Of Mafeking" clasp, the various units concerned and the protracted operations leading up to breaking the Mafeking siege.
Thanks again for the kind comments
Best regards
IL.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.441 seconds