TOPIC:

South African Constabulary 10 years 7 months ago #14040

• Bugga
  • Bugga's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
Good afternoon,
I'm hoping that someone will be able to assist me in my research into my paternal grandfather.
His name was Patrick William Larmour & he was born in Ireland in 1876. He emigrated to South Africa & joined the South African Constabulary. He was later appointed as Prosecutor (I think it was in Derby). He married Isabella Jane Morgan &a total of 6 children were born of the marriage.My father Arthur Charles Larmour was born in 1915 in Memel, Orange Free State, South Africa.

I have not been able to locate any records relating to his emigration, his marriage or his death.

I would appreciate any help your members may have to offer.

Many thanks.
Ellen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

South African Constabulary 10 years 7 months ago #14041

• Rory
  • Thank you received: 2151
No 815 P Larmour was a Lance Corporal with the C (Eastern Division) of the SAC in the Boer War.

He was awarded the QSA medal with the normal 5 clasps i.e. Transvaal, OFS, Cape Colony, South Africa 1901 &1902.

Do you have this medal?

His papers should be in the Transvaal Archives in Pretoria.

Regards

Rory
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugga

South African Constabulary 10 years 7 months ago #14055

• Bugga
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Good morning Rory,
I cannot express my gratitude for your prompt response & the information that you were able to supply. I'm simply "over the moon". It appears that I have been looking in the wrong place all this time, so now I have renewed vigour to continue my search. Sadly, I have no idea where his medals would have ended up. Once again, my sincere thanks. Regards, Ellen

South African Constabulary 10 years 7 months ago #14056

• Rory
It's a pleasure Ellen.

What you see below are the Transvaal Archival references for Ptrick Larmour who was indeed in the Derby area at one time.

It tool quite a bit if detective work but his SAC file reference (also below) is misspelt as Lamour.

I don't know where in the world you are but can recommend Audrey at Rhino Research should you want copies of the various files including his service record.

Regards

Rory

DEPOT SAB SOURCE JUS TYPE LEER VOLUME_NO 330 SYSTEM 01 REFERENCE 1/255/14 PART 1 DESCRIPTION PAYMENT OF SPECIAL CONSTABLES. P LARMOUR. MEMEL ORANGE FREE STATE. STARTING 1915 ENDING 1915

DEPOT TAB SOURCE LD TYPE LEER VOLUME_NO 1376 SYSTEM 01 REFERENCE AG5531/06 PART 1 DESCRIPTION APPOINTMENT, CORPORAL P LARMOUR AS PUBLIC PROSECUTOR AND ISSUER OF PROCESS, PERIODICAL COURT, DERBY. STARTING 1906

DEPOT TAB SOURCE SAC TYPE LEER VOLUME_NO 125 SYSTEM 01 REFERENCE H1951 PART 1 DESCRIPTION RECORD OF CONDUCT AND SERVICE OF. PATRICK LAMOUR. DISCHARGED FREE AT OWN REQUEST. STARTING 19010418 ENDING 19010418
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bugga

South African Constabulary 10 years 7 months ago #14062

• Bugga
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Thanks again Rory. I'm in Pietermaritzburg so further investigation is not impossible. I should have thought of the surname being misspelt (I experienced enough of it! :)). I'm still in the infancy stage of geneaology & I seem to run backwards & forwards, but I'm determined to see it through. Would you know how I would apply for copies of these records (Taking a chance that you may have a shortcut :).)

South African Constabulary 10 years 7 months ago #14063

• Rory
I'm in PMB as well ;)

Shout if you need any assistance.

I know my way around the local Archives but Audrey (and the papers you are after) sit in Gauteng.

Regards

Rory

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.801 seconds