Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Private James Walter Streeter 9 years 2 months ago #25352

• LinneyI
  • Thank you received: 1541
fyrftr422
Regarding your original post and pic; the ribbons he is wearing are not the WW1 pair, photographers often "touched up" portraits by emphasizing details to make them stand out. I have seen this several times before. In my opinion, the ribbons are those of the QSA/KSA.
Regards
IL.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fyrftr422

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Private James Walter Streeter 9 years 2 months ago #25353

• fyrftr422
  • fyrftr422's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 2
I did, indeed, inquire about the 13th Hussars cap badge as a possible shadow box item to include, if it turned out that he was a relative of the family. Now I have more info and can start searching again, i was a little stalled earlier.

The ribbons would make sense since he should not have received the Victory or British War medals (although it is too bad he gets little hardware to d show his war service, even if he didn't serve in the front.

Private James Walter Streeter 8 years 3 months ago #45052

• fyrftr422
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
Frank
I assume that copy of an enlistment paper must be from his original enlistment wit the 3rd Royal Sussex Regiment, that you told me about, his Militia service prior to the 13th Hussars. Is there a date attached to that document and is there anyway or anywhere I can get a copy of it?

Private James Walter Streeter 8 years 3 months ago #45084

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Army papers are in WO97 at Kew, folio is available whilst actually there, as is the series itself, or on line, Militia papers are in WO96, I took a brief look and there does not appear to be any amongst those available folio, so if you wanted to make sure, you would need to do a manual search for them at whilst actually there, his Army papers commence from the 23rd of March 1896 and confirm he was serving in the Militia at that point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fyrftr422

Private James Walter Streeter 8 years 3 months ago #45089

• fyrftr422
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
I'm Canadian so manual searching is impossible at this time, obviously. Thanks for the search parameters though and since some of this is online, I have places to search, from home. looks like Ancestry and Find My Past are 2 places I need memberships for now.

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.706 seconds