Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1826 3RD CLASS TROOPER N. HILL, SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY 11 years 2 days ago #10337

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Mike,
With regards to number 13 in your remarks/history, I wonder why your Mr Wallace had a "hard time" at the PRO, anyway the three clasps are shown in WO100/271, as you would expect, on page 120.
Kind regards Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1826 3RD CLASS TROOPER N. HILL, SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY 11 years 2 days ago #10340

• coldstream
  • Thank you received: 214
Super job Mike,
Well displayed and a fitting memorial, thanks for sharing.

Paul :)
"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

1826 3RD CLASS TROOPER N. HILL, SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY 11 years 2 days ago #10347

• QSAMIKE
  • QSAMIKE's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1881
Good Morning Frank.....

Thankyou for the photos......

Jim Wallace is the author of the book "No Colours, No Drums", the history of the Canadians in the SAC..... He did most of his research in person in SA before the records were available in the net and was most likely working from the documents there.....

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
Military Historical Society
O.M.R.S. 1591

1826 3RD CLASS TROOPER N. HILL, SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY 11 years 2 days ago #10348

• QSAMIKE
Good Morning Gentlemen.....

Thankyou very much for the kind comments..... As we are only temporary custodians of these pieces of history it is our responsibility to treat them with as much care and reverance as we can......

Mike
Life Member
Past-President Calgary
O.M.R.S. 1591

1826 3RD CLASS TROOPER N. HILL, SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY 11 years 2 days ago #10350

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Hello Mike,
Yes, I realise that, but, the actual medal rolls were always at the then PRO in London, the internet was not needed to view or copy them, having spent many pre pc years down there myself, I still cannot understand why he could not find your man.
Kind regards Frank

QSAMIKE wrote: Good Morning Frank.....

Jim Wallace is the author of the book "No Colours, No Drums", the history of the Canadians in the SAC..... He did most of his research in person in SA before the records were available in the net and was most likely working from the documents there.....

Mike

1826 3RD CLASS TROOPER N. HILL, SOUTH AFRICAN CONSTABULARY 11 years 2 days ago #10352

• QSAMIKE
Hi Frank....

Would love to ask him but I am afraid he is no longer with us....

Mike

Frank Kelley wrote: Hello Mike,
Yes, I realise that, but, the actual medal rolls were always at the then PRO in London, the internet was not needed to view or copy them, having spent many pre pc years down there myself, I still cannot understand why he could not find your man.
Kind regards Frank

QSAMIKE wrote: Good Morning Frank.....

Mike

Life Member
Past-President Calgary
O.M.R.S. 1591

• Page:
Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.816 seconds