Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4936

• coldstream
  • coldstream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 214
Hi Stephen

Yes I paid less than the DNW price.

Paul :)

Stephen Bayley wrote: Wow that seems rich, one suspects you got this one at a discounted price to the DNW hammer price?

True, the motor car/coach has provided employment but Henry Fords mass production has taken the craft from craftmen.

Have not added to my collection of late. Think Frank is still holding onto all the BH QSA's!!

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4937

• coldstream
Frank

Thank you for your advice before I purchased this medal, it helped me make my mind up.

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4985

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Paul

In another thread you asked for more images from Horace Nicholls' record of Colonial troops. Below are two of men from Brabant's Horse. They were evidently taken in Queenstown before the regiment moved north on active service. I expect they all looked a lot more scruffy by the time the Siege of Wepener ended!

Regards
Brett

Attachments:

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4987

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
Brett,
They all look "up for it" and not the sort who would consider surrender to be an option! :woohoo:
Frank

Brett Hendey wrote: Paul

In another thread you asked for more images from Horace Nicholls' record of Colonial troops. Below are two of men from Brabant's Horse. They were evidently taken in Queenstown before the regiment moved north on active service. I expect they all looked a lot more scruffy by the time the Siege of Wepener ended!

Regards
Brett

Re: Newest aquisition 376 Trooper Daniel Ballock Brabant's Horse 11 years 8 months ago #4988

• coldstream
Hello Brett

Many thanks for posting the extra images.
Do I have your permission to download them and add them to my file to accompany my BH medal please.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.610 seconds