Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Fincastle's Horse 5 years 5 days ago #63491

• Chef_Hendrix
  • Chef_Hendrix's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh recruit
  • Fresh recruit
  • Thank you received: 0
So coming back to this after a few month of on/off digging i'm right back where I started!

I've been struggling to locate Daniel before the 1911 census and someone on RootsChat has suggested that Donald (Couldn't find a Donald either!) is interchangeable with Daniel. I have had a look at all the McKenzies and various spellings and the closest person to my guy is 39939 Donald Stewart Mckenzie whom I originally suspected but didn't quite think matched.

I've attached pictures from his actual FWW record and the record for Donald Stewart McKenzie for comparison. What do other people think, is this the same person?

There are some similarities, their signatures are very alike, especially the way McKenzie is written.

The ages are pretty close, going by his FWW records he would be a couple weeks of 20yrs old, but is declared as 20yrs 7mth on his IY record.

The tattoos are similar, appears to have less detail (or tattoos!) on his FWW records.

They both have a scar on right thigh. No mention of missing toe on FWW record.

Heights and other measurements are close.

Hair and eye colour don't quite match.

They are both from Argyll and both have fathers named John. I mention this as i'm struggling to find many John McKenzies in Argyll.

So not conclusive by any means, but similar.

Any thoughts?

Gaz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 1.269 seconds