Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

A few from my badge collection 10 years 10 months ago #12129

• Madziro
  • Thank you received: 8
A great collection of helmet plates and centres. Is there a list of the different colours of the felt backings of these badges in existence anywhere?
Regards
Dudley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

A few from my badge collection 10 years 10 months ago #12140

• Brett Hendey
  • Thank you received: 717
Paul

A great collection! Thank you for showing it. Since coming under the influence of Frank, I look on badges with much more favour.

It would be interesting to see the favourite badges of other forum members. Mine is not spectacular, but it took a long time for me to find, an ancestor of mine was a founder member of the force it represents, which had a short but eventful history. It is a badge of the Natal Mounted Police. A descendent force, the Natal Police, took part in the Anglo-Boer War, so it does have a tenuous link to this forum.

Brett

Attachments:

A few from my badge collection 10 years 10 months ago #12142

• coldstream
  • coldstream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 214
Hi Dudley,
Thank you for your comments.
I think the red backings were related to "Royal" regiments i.e. Royal West Kent.
The green backings were Light Infantry Regiments i.e Durham Light Infantry I think this is correct, please correct me if I am wrong.

Paul :)

Madziro wrote: A great collection of helmet plates and centres. Is there a list of the different colours of the felt backings of these badges in existence anywhere?
Regards
Dudley

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

A few from my badge collection 10 years 10 months ago #12143

• coldstream
  • coldstream's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 214
Hi Brett,
Thank you for your comments and sharing such a superb badge, I would think quite rare and valuable!
I started collecting badges before medals and I managed to complete the full Infantry WW1-WW2 took me a while, as always some were harder to find and more expensive.
The only examples I have of the campaign are the ones shown with recent medal purchases,Devons,Koyli and Royal Irish.
Always look for S.A.unit badges on my travels, but as yet no luck :(

Paul :)

Brett Hendey wrote: Paul

A great collection! Thank you for showing it. Since coming under the influence of Frank, I look on badges with much more favour.

It would be interesting to see the favourite badges of other forum members. Mine is not spectacular, but it took a long time for me to find, an ancestor of mine was a founder member of the force it represents, which had a short but eventful history. It is a badge of the Natal Mounted Police. A descendent force, the Natal Police, took part in the Anglo-Boer War, so it does have a tenuous link to this forum.

Brett

"From a billow of the rolling veldt we looked back, and black columns were coming up behind us."

A few from my badge collection 10 years 10 months ago #12147

• Madziro
  • Thank you received: 8
The attached is one of my favourites in the collection.

Will post some more QVC type badges that I have.

A few from my badge collection 10 years 10 months ago #12151

• Frank Kelley
  • Thank you received: 954
In the case of the Devonshire Regiment 1881-1914 helmet plate centre, I would merely say that as it was around at the time, even though full dress was left at home, this particular centre, might well have been issued to a man who was actually there, in Natal, on the 21st of October 1899 and the 6th of January 1900, what a super antique, for what is now very little money!

coldstream wrote: Hi Brett,
Thank you for your comments and sharing such a superb badge, I would think quite rare and valuable!
I started collecting badges before medals and I managed to complete the full Infantry WW1-WW2 took me a while, as always some were harder to find and more expensive.
The only examples I have of the campaign are the ones shown with recent medal purchases,Devons,Koyli and Royal Irish.
Always look for S.A.unit badges on my travels, but as yet no luck :(

Moderators: djb
Time to create page: 0.560 seconds